Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Time is Here

Christmas songs are dumb. I'm sure at one point in history Christmas songs were fun and enjoyable, but even though they're only played one month (sometimes two) out of the year, the same songs are repeated over and over EVERYWHERE.
You know all this already. You've suffered from lame Christmas songs enough this year. But I'll offer a few that are at least tolerable. I do find that I'm more inclined to appreciate the hymny Jesus songs. Tunes about jingling bells and frosty snowmen don't stack up so well against songs about the savior of the world, if you know what I mean.

Anathallo - O Holy Night
Pedro the Lion - O Come O Come Emmanuel
Viva Voce - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
The Wheeler Sisters - Don Oiche Ud I mBeithil

Merry Christmas, y'all.